Plus Registration & Information
The Art Institute of Seattle is offering selected online courses through a consortium agreement with The Art Institute of Pittsburgh – Online Division (AiPOD). The online course program is referred to as the Plus Program. This is a great opportunity for students, but remember that online classes are not for everyone. The classes are approximately 5 1/2 weeks in duration and due to the intensive and interactive format of online courses, students are REQUIRED to participate online at least 4 out of 7 days in the week. Success will require a great deal of communication in writing. Online classes are not generally taught by AiS instructors. Interested students will need to complete a series of steps before being allowed to register for online courses the first time. Online classes should be registered for by all posted deadlines. Students are encouraged to register as early as possible, as online classes do not work well for last minute enrollment and space is not guaranteed.
Characteristics of a successful Plus student
- Comfortable communicating in writing
- Willingness to work 4 out of 7 days per week in a 5 1/2 week period
- Self-motivated and self-disciplined
- Possess good critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Has solid computer skills (email, web, word processing, etc.)
- Ability to work pro-actively and follow through for completion of task
- Comfortable working independently
- Good reading skills with attention to detail – VERY IMPORTANT
- For Winter Quarter 2018, students in any quarter of study at The Art Institute of Seattle are eligible to enroll in online classes. Students are required to take at least one campus class.
- All students must have a cumulative grade point average of 2.5. No more than 40% of the program of study may be completed online.
- Students must successfully complete previous online courses in order to continue taking online classes. Students with online grades lower than a “C” will be subject to review. Students that repeatedly withdraw or drop online classes will also be subject to review.
- In order to take an online course, students must complete registration by posted deadlines.
- Please note: online class tuition is not eligible for funding under the WA State Worker Retraining Program.
- A student must personally own a computer with hardware and software required by the course as outlined in the course description.
- A student must have a subscription for Internet connection.
- eBooks: If you are enrolled in a course that uses eBooks (digital texts), you do not need to purchase any additional texts. Instead, the textbook is built into the online classroom. The first week of class you access the text in the classroom; after the first week, you may then download the text.
- If you are enrolled in a class that uses one eBook there is a $50 Digital Resource Fee.
- If you are enrolled in a class that uses two or more eBooks there is a $75 Digital Resource Fee.
- Traditional: If you are enrolled in a course that uses a traditional text (hard-copy), you will need to purchase your books through AiPOD’s bookstore or another bookstore of your choosing. (These books are not generally for sale at the AiS Supply Store.) The AiPOD Bookstore may be found @ http://bookstore.mbsdirect.net/aio.htm
Winter 2018 COURSE OFFERINGS
|ONLINE BROCHURE Session 1 Online (S1) = January 8th, 2018 – February 14th, 2018
Session 2 Online (S2)* = February 15th, 2018 – March 24th, 2018. *Session 2 Online Courses will not appear on MyAICampus/eCompanion until November 8th
-All courses are offered for both sessions unless otherwise indicated by (S1), Session 1 only and (S2), Session 2 only.
Have you taken online classes before?
|Complete the Online Registration Form and submit it to the Registrar either in person or by email.||
Note: we receive this electronically; there is no need to submit it to us via email.
|Remember, all continuing students must have a cumulative grade point average of 2.5. No more than 40% of the program of study may be completed online.||Read the Online PLUS Program – Getting Started material.
|If you do not meet the cumulative grade point average, are on academic warning, or wish to appeal to be online only for the quarter please contact us directly.||Complete the Online Registration Form and s submit it to the Registrar either in person in or by email.
|On the first day of your class, log into your online class and post! Click on the Academic Expectations tab and complete the “Please Read & Respond” section. Good luck.|
- MyAiCampus Portal/Login for online classes: http://www.myaicampus.com
- For assistance with your username and password for the above web site, please call 1-866-642-2711.
- AiPOD Plus Bookstore: http://bookstore.mbsdirect.net/aio.htm
- eBooks: View demo here.
- Help Desk: For help with technical problems, such as not being able to access your class, call 1-866-642-2711.
- AiPOD Plus Knowledge Base Tutorials are found in your student account by logging into the MyAiCampus Portal. Once logged in, look for the link that says “Classroom Orientation Video.” Click on it and there you will find a video designed to help you prepare for your online class by covering areas of the online classroom in-depth. You will also find more information about eBooks/Digital Bookshelf, and even online class tutoring. It is recommended that you review this section.
- Individual Course Policies can be found in your online classroom at all times.
- Academic Policies, including schedule adjustment and course withdrawal info, found in AiS School Catalog.
HELPFUL DATES FOR PLUS STUDENTS
Fall 2017 Session 2 (S2) Dates: November 9 – December 16
First day to participate/post – November 9th
Last day to drop without charge – November 13th, 6:00 p.m.
Last day to withdraw (no refunded tuition, will receive “W” on transcript) – December 1st, 5:30 p.m.
Winter 2018 Session 1 (S1) Dates: January 8 – February 14
First day to participate/post – January 8th
Last day to drop without charge – January 16tth, 6:00 p.m.
Last day to withdraw (no refunded tuition, will receive “W” on transcript) – February 2nd, 5:30 p.m.
Winter 2018 Session 2 (S2) Dates: February 15 – March 24
First day to participate/post – February 15th
Last day to drop without charge – February 19th, 6:00 p.m.
Last day to withdraw (no refunded tuition, will receive “W” on transcript) – March 9th, 5:30 p.m.